Practicing yoga may become an effective way to keep yourself healthy, or may become a life-long passion. In any scenario, good things are coming with you.
The only small downside with praticing yoga is that beginnings can be confusing and cause you to wonder where to start with so many questions: What equipment do I really need for yoga? where to buy my yoga equipment? What are the best brands for yoga equipment?
Through this article, I will try to walk you through the best answers to these questions.
Yoga Equipment for Beginners
First of all, you don’t need to stock up on everything at once, particularly if you are not sure about practicing any type of yoga (such as aerial yoga or dance yoga) on the long term. However, for just starting to practice yoga as a fitness routine with just a few poses, these essentials are more than enough.
The most basic yoga equipment list you will need:
- A yoga mat: Yoga mat needs to be stretchy, comfortable but also reasonably sticky so you don’t slip while stretching (if you sweat more, opt for an open cell yoga mat);
- A yoga mat bag: It is used for carrying your yoga mat around without it losing shape;
- A water flask (you will get thirsty during your workouts and it’s essential to stay hydrated), ideal for keeping your supply of fresh water or even lemon water on hand;
- A yoga towel: Whichever type of yoga you practice and how peaceful it looks from afar, yoga is still a workout and I am sure that you will sweat, especially if you choose hot yoga;
- A yoga strap: Yoga strap is a piece of equipment that you will use for tightly wrapping yourself up in order to deepen the effect of some of the stretches, or you will use it as a prop for certain exercises in order to make them a bit more challenging and so on.