Proper breathing and meditation not only relaxes you after a stressful working day, but also has many health benefits.
Step 1: Prepare
- Choose a quiet place: When meditating, it is important to choose a place that is completely quiet and peaceful. This allows you to concentrate fully on meditation, without being interrupted by your mind by external factors.
- Wear comfortable clothes: The most important thing when you meditate is that you really pay attention, so if you wear clothes that are cramped or uncomfortable for you, you won’t be able to concentrate.
Step 2: Choose a sitting position
- Right hand placed on left hand, palm facing up, lift 2 thumb slightly and touch each other.
- Crosslegged. Left leg on right thigh, right leg on left thigh.
- Lower your shoulders and relax.
- The back is straight but not tense.
- Eyes neither completely open nor closed.
- Sit on the groin bones so that your back does not bend.
- The elbows are slightly out to allow air to circulate.
- Head forward, chin slightly retracted.
- The mouth is in a natural state, but the tongue should touch the upper jaw to prevent the mouth from drying out.
Step 3: Practicing sitting meditation
- Inhale through your nose.
- Imagine your body is absorbing bright white light. They are slowly filling your lungs and filling your entire body.
- Imagine your worries and negative thoughts as black streaks. Gather them all into a black mass and exhale through your mouth.
- Continue breathing until all that is dark is expelled from the body.
- Breathe in through your nose, and out through your mouth.
To ensure proper and effective meditation, you need to keep these considerations in mind:
When meditating, pay attention not to force the body to sit up straight, with chest lifted, causing stress on the back. The key to meditation is your back comfort. Because the two sides of the spine are two energy flows, there are nerves and many acupuncture points that control all activities in the body. When sitting correctly, the energy in the body can be circulated for a clear and healthy mind.
While sitting in meditation, do not move.
Meditation is letting the mind relax, peaceful and happy. If a certain part of the body feels uncomfortable, aching, and too much to bear it, meditation can be relieved to change position. It is best to let go of meditation, get up, and walk slowly.
Thus, meditation is a way of practicing a purer mind. At the same time, this is also an effective cure. However, not everyone knows how to meditate properly, or meditate for healing, to meditate for healing, practitioners need to get rid of negative and anxious thoughts, which is very difficult to do.